Traffic Control & Management Insurance

Traffic Management businesses face a variety of risks. However, you are in good hands! Coverscope specialises in traffic management and consulting.

Quick Quote

Quick Quote

Traffic Management & Control Insurance

Traffic management and control insurance in Australia is crucial for businesses involved in road construction, consulting, and traffic control operations. This type of insurance protects against various risks and liabilities associated with these activities. Here are some of the more frequently used insurance types in this industry and how they protect your business.

Public Liability Insurance

Why you need it: Public liability insurance is essential for any business that interacts with the public or operates in public spaces. In traffic management and control, your business is responsible for ensuring the safety of workers and the public, making this coverage vital.

Risks: Accidents, injuries, or property damage can occur due to improper signage, road closures, or traffic redirection.

Protection: Public liability insurance covers legal costs and compensation claims if your business is liable for injuries or property damage.

Professional Indemnity Insurance

Why you need it: Traffic management businesses may provide professional advice or services related to road safety and traffic control. Professional indemnity insurance is necessary to protect against claims of negligence or errors in your professional services.

Risks: Providing incorrect traffic management plans, signage recommendations, or safety assessments can lead to disputes and lawsuits.

Protection: Professional indemnity insurance covers legal expenses and compensation in the event of professional negligence claims.

Workers’ Compensation Insurance

Why you need it: In Australia, it is mandatory for businesses to have workers’ compensation insurance to cover workplace injuries and illnesses.

Risks: Workers in traffic management and control are exposed to various risks, such as accidents involving vehicles, heavy machinery, or physical strain.

Protection: Workers’ compensation insurance provides financial support to employees who suffer work-related injuries or illnesses, covering medical expenses and lost wages.

Commercial Motor Insurance

Why you need it: If your business uses vehicles for traffic control or management, you must have commercial motor vehicle insurance to protect your fleet.

Risks: Accidents involving company vehicles, theft, or damage can result in significant financial losses.

Protection: Motor vehicle insurance covers repair or replacement costs for your vehicles and includes coverage for third-party property damage or injuries.

Business Property Insurance

Why you need it: If your business owns or leases property, property insurance is crucial to protect your assets from risks like fire, theft, vandalism, or natural disasters.

Risks: Property damage can disrupt operations and lead to repair or replacement costs.

Protection: Property insurance covers repairing or replacing damaged buildings, equipment, and inventory.

Cyber Insurance

Why you need it: In today’s digital age, businesses often store sensitive data electronically. Cyber insurance is essential to protect against data breaches, hacking, or other cyber-related risks.

Risks: The theft or compromise of sensitive data can have legal and financial consequences.

Protection: Cyber insurance covers legal fees, notification costs, and financial losses associated with data breaches or cyberattacks.

Plant and Equipment Insurance

Why you need it: Traffic management businesses often rely on heavy machinery, specialised equipment, and tools to carry out their operations. Plant and Equipment Insurance is essential to safeguard these valuable assets.

Risks: Equipment breakdown, theft, vandalism, accidental damage, or loss can result in significant financial setbacks and operational disruptions.

Protection: Plant and Equipment Insurance covers repairing or replacing damaged or stolen machinery and equipment. It can also include coverage for business interruption due to equipment breakdown, helping your business recover more swiftly.

Need A Quote?

Quote Contact

Call For a Quote:

1300 900 207

Organise A Quote Today!

traffic management and control insurance are crucial for protecting your business from various risks, including accidents, injuries, property damage, professional liabilities, and more. Each type of insurance serves a specific purpose in safeguarding your business and assets, providing peace of mind while operating in this industry. Coverscope’s experienced insurance brokers tailor your coverage to your business’s specific needs and risks. To organise your traffic management or traffic control insurance, contact our team.

Personal Injury

If somebody is wrongfully injured by your actions or your product, public and products liability insurance can cover you for your liability to pay damages to the claimant.

Property Damage
If property is damaged due to your actions or your product, public and products liability insurance can cover you for your liability to pay damages to the claimant.
Advertising Injury
Liability arising out of advertising carried out by or on behalf of the insured.

What usually isn’t covered?

Exclusions, the excess you need to pay and limits of liability can vary greatly depending on your insurer.

Public & Products Liability Policies generally won’t include cover for:


Cost of rectifying faulty workmanship


Damage to your own product


Claims by employees


Claims arising out of the use of a registered motor vehicle


Claims related to asbestos

Case Study

During a road construction project, one of George’s employees misjudged traffic flow, leading to a serious car accident..

Multiple vehicles were damaged, and several individuals sustained injuries. George’s business was held liable for the damages and faced a lawsuit from the injured parties.